Sunday - Beach Day!
New player arrival after 5pm
Irvine’s central location in Orange County is near some of the world’s most popular beaches (Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach). New players get settled after they arrive in the evening.
Monday Evening - Welcome BBQ
All boarding players come together for a casual dinner at one location to get to know each other a little better. Billiards, giant Jenga, ping pong are available to play as well. And there is a pool and hot tub. So bring your suit and towel! Afterwards, players will be taken to a local grocery store to purchase any snacks or other items then may need for the week ahead.
Tuesday Evening - Activities Night
Beach games, Putt-Putt, Boomers, bowling, golf driving range, go-karting, wall-climbing...let’s have some fun!
Wednesday Evening - “Games” / Movie Night
Billiards, giant Jenga, ping pong, cards, and board games. There is a pool and hot tub for players who want to take a dip. A movie will also be playing for those who want to do nothing.
Thursday Evening - Mall Night
Fashion Island, The Spectrum, South Coast Plaza, Pacific City, Bella Terra, Kaleidoscope - some of the best shopping in the world is right in our backyard. With great malls, there’s lots to do!
Friday Evening - Local Night
ATA is in such a centralized location, that it would be a shame to not experience some of the many local hot spots, like going to Balboa Island to get a Balboa Bar!
Saturday- Experience SoCal
For players not participating in tournaments, ATA’s housing staff will transport weekend boarding players with day-long trips to experience what Southern California has to offer: Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Hollywood, San Diego, plus events like the Vans US Open of Surfing and the Orange County Fair!
- Friday, June 15 - Watch fireworks from Downtown Disney
- Saturday, June 23 - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (baseball) game and fireworks post-game $
- Wednesday, July 4 - Fireworks at Irvine High School
- Friday, July 13 - Mason Park Sunset Cinema - “Trolls”
- Friday, July 20 - Mason Park Sunset Cinema - “Ghostbusters”
- Saturday, July 21 - Laguna Beach Sawdust Festival $
- Friday, July 27 - Newport Beach - Pirate Coast Paddle Boarding (glow) $
- Sunday, July 28 - Vans US Open of Surfing (Huntington Beach)
- Tuesday, July 31 - World Team Tennis, OC Breakers vs. San Diego Aviators $$
- Saturday, August 3 - Orange County Fair (Costa Mesa) $$
- Tuesday, August 14 - Surf City Nights Street Fair (Huntington Beach) $
- Friday, August 17 - Watch fireworks from Downtown Disney
Note on Participation
Boarding campers are required to attend each event. For those who wish not to spend money, there is always a free element to each event.